The Mission of the Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce is to Promote a Prosperous Business Environment by Representing and Serving Our Members and the Community.
It is a key goal of the Chamber to grow from 500 to 600 members. To accomplish this the Chamber will expand the use of the website for additional opportunities for our members to promote their business. The Chamber will also continue to refine networking opportunities, define benefits and develop a menu-stepped package of benefits for our members.
Business Retention Programs
The Chamber of Commerce received a contract to implement a business retention program for busiinesses operating in the Town of Apple Valley. The Chamber has developed a tracking system to measure business growth and to support, nurture and protect these existing businesses. Some of the benefits the Chamber will provide are:
- Create and implement a Town-wide "shop Local" marketing effort in support of small businesses
- Design and implement an effective image program to attract smalll businesses to locate in Apple Valley and grow home based businesses
- Develop initiatives linking education and training to economic development to meet workforce needs of small buinsesses
- Establish and maintain the network of organizations and resources that provide assistance to foster the growth of small businesses in Apple Valley
- Identify concerns, needs and issues of business owners operating in Apple Valley
- Provide seminars and workshops to enhance the entrepreneurship of business owners; and
- Develop strategic partnerships with the agencies serving Apple Valley to develop leadership skills, invite entrepreneurial education and career development.
The Chamber has set a goal of 75% retention of our existing members.